Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This Week's Treasure

Look what I found at our local antique thrift store! There were several unique buttons around the edges of the tub which had me itching to see what other treasures lay inside...but the lid was taped shut! So, $13 later and they were on their way home with me. As I drove, I was reminded of all the times my mother took me to Ben Franklin's as a little girl, where I'd stand FOREVER at the huge button barrel...sorting, collecting, studying & dreaming up projects.




Let the sorting begin! While most are plastic there are several wooden buttons, as well as a few leather...even a couple glass buttons.


Now don't you just want to run your fingers through these :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Heather from Crazy Adorable. I just wanted to let you know that I've picked your blog as 1 of 15 for the Stylish Blogger Award!
    http://crazyadorable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow looks like you have found something really exciting. nice try and a great share. liked your post.

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-12421660-2